One VERY discouraged newbie...

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Oct 31 16:45:12 CST 2001

Mike Sowka <msowka at home.com> wrote:
: After hearing all the rave about Half-Life/Counter-Strike on Wine I
: decided to take the plunge myself... after rpm -e the default OLD wine
: packages from my RH7.2 install I installed wine20011004 graciously
: provided by http://www.linux-easy.com/daily/ ... setup my ~/.wine/config
: and got VERY UPSET when Half-Life install would even work... barfing the
: folloowing message! :(

: [msowka at mainframe cdrom]$ ./Setup.exe
: Warning: /usr/bin/wine not accessible from a configured DOS drive
: Warning: /usr/bin/wine not accessible from a configured DOS drive
: Warning: /usr/bin/wine not accessible from a configured DOS drive

Configure some drive letter to have acess to /usr/bin/wine

: FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
: err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 1002a belongs to other process
Both are harmles.
What didn't work or why where you embarrassed?

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de