Installing Direct X 8.0 under Wine

Christian bigdarkone at gmx.net
Tue Sep 4 10:36:06 CDT 2001

gerard patel wrote:

<snip>
> Please say which web sites. The people running them
> deserve a few 'kind' words :-)

<snip>

Hi Gerard

i found this actually in a HOWTO Diablo2 in Wine

http://www.geocities.com/kefkarules/DiabloIIHowTo.txt
In point 9 he states

/quote
9. One of the final things to make sure of doing, is installing Direct-X
7.x from the temporary Diablo II install folder, locate the directx folder,
enter it, and run installation.  There should be no problems with Direct-X
7.x updating in Wine, but then again you never know.  I had no problems
doing this.
/quote

The How to was linked by http://appdb.codeweavers.com/appview.php?appId=74
Codeweavers Wine Application Database wich i trusted pretty much till now.

Thx for the Info i would have tryed till i'm old else.

> IOW no, it can't work, never worked, never will as
> said already a lot of times on this news group.

Sorry for my question then but my Search brougth no Threads containing
DirectX or Direct X in the Subject.

Greets Christian