Installing Direct X 8.0 under Wine

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Tue Sep 4 14:08:39 CDT 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 17:36:06 +0200, Christian <bigdarkone at gmx.net>
wrote:

>9. One of the final things to make sure of doing, is installing Direct-X
>7.x from the temporary Diablo II install folder, locate the directx folder,
>enter it, and run installation.  There should be no problems with Direct-X
>7.x updating in Wine, but then again you never know.  I had no problems
>doing this.
>/quote
>
>The How to was linked by http://appdb.codeweavers.com/appview.php?appId=74
>Codeweavers Wine Application Database wich i trusted pretty much till now.
>
>Thx for the Info i would have tryed till i'm old else.

Well that's strange. One thing I am sure of is that
Wine can't use Ms DirectX. OTOH maybe the application
is checking for a particular file on the hard disk, in
this case the installation could be useful.
I'll try to mail the howto author to ask about this.

In the mean time, try to skip the 'DirectX' step.
If there is an error, report.

Gerard