Wine 20010904-1 can't find libntdll.so

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Sep 4 18:07:56 CDT 2001

On 4 Sep 2001, Jack C. Holt wrote:

> I just installed Wine version 20010904-1 on RH7.1.  libntdll.so is in
> /usr/lib/wine but even though I have defined the WINEDLLPATH to
> include that directory, when I try to run wine I get an error message
> that says...
>
> wine: error while loading shared libraries: libntdll.so: cannot load
> shared object file: No such file or directory.
>
> What's up?
>

> Jack C. Holt
> SAIC, Wireless Systems Group

WINEDLLPATH tells the Wine dll loader where to find builtin dlls.  If
you will do an ldd of wherever the rpm puts the wine binary, you will
see that it refers to libntdll.so directly, so the linux dynamic linker
has to find it before wine even starts.  Have the System Administrator
(the bloke what knows the root password, probably you) include
/usr/lib/wine in /etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig, or include
/usr/lib/wine in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!