Borland's bcc55 linker...

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Sep 10 15:27:52 CDT 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, William Rayer wrote:

> J.K. wrote in message <3B9D315B.8010107 at whoknowswhere.net>...
> >Sorry , i am new to the group, i will try to look it  up, but is there
> >anybody who can recommend developing Windows applications under
> >Wine or should I better forget about it for now ?
>
> I'm also new here, but I would like to know the answer to this
> question.
>
> In a while (12 months) I may have to port a large
> application to Linux from Windows. I don't know if it's easier to
> use Wine, or whether to rewrite the GUI parts of the app in a
> common form.
>
> Bill
> lingolanguage <at> hotmail <dot> com

If you have the source, look into winemaker.  If you haven't the source,
how in the name of 13 basketsful of Devils are you going to port the app
anyway?  Throw it out and start over.

Wine is not just a program to load and execute windows binaries.  Mostly
it is a library with which you can compile and run source programs that
use the windows API using the native Linux Gnu toolchain.  Winemaker
knows better than I how to do it.

You get this letter by way of a little Winelib program winemaker helped
me with.

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine release 20010824,
junopine-2.0.2, Juno 2.0.11, pine-4.21, and linux-2.4.8.
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.