Setup exits... add'l info

Robert Baruch autophile at starband.net
Fri Sep 14 12:15:00 CDT 2001

All,

First some info about my system:

RedHat 7.1
kernel 2.4.5
locale en_US
XFree86 4.1.0
glibc 2.2.4

I have placed the full logs (bzipped) of the two errors on the web.

http://www.sf.net/analyst/setup_empty_dialog.log.bz2 (240k, 16M
unzipped) contains the log of running Setup with C: set to
/usr/share/wine_c. After the splash screen comes up, an empty error
dialog box appears.

http://www.sf.net/analyst/setup_crash.log.bz2 (285k, 28M unzipped)
contains the log of running Setup with C: set to /mnt/dos, an existing
Windows 98 partition. The empty error dialog box does not appear, but
when I don't accept the license, there is an exception.

I ran winecheck, and aside from a few SUSPICIOUS items which are OK, the
only bad thing was that /dev/sequencer couldn't be opened.

--Rob