set_thread_buffer error

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Sat Sep 15 19:47:55 CDT 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:49:23 GMT, Peter <peter_c60 at notcoldmail.com>
wrote:

>[pid  4127] ftruncate64(0x8, 0x2000)    = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
>directory)
<snip>
>I've really got no idea but I think the ftruncate64 near the end is
>causing the error message.

Yes, that's the problem.

On my system, strace gives this :

ftruncate64(0x8, 0x2000, 0, 0x2000, 0x8) = 0

Unfortunately I have no idea why it appears
this way :-/

I wonder if your system is a standard distro or
if you patched it together from source - because
it seems that getting this 64 bits stuff right is not
absolutely obvious. There is a patch for ftruncate64
in the Mandrake version of glibc 2.2.2, for example.

Gerard