X11 XVideo extension supported?

Bernhard Mogens Ege bme at miba.auc.dk
Tue Sep 18 05:31:55 CDT 2001

I was wondering if the XVideo extension is supported or not? In a
clean wine setup, I installed DivX 4.01 and The Playa, also installed
Windows Media Player 6.4. They can both display DivX 4.01 material
with sound. This is simply great :-)

However, the performance is not that great. Especially when going
fullscreen the cpu is overburdened (slide show). I assume that the
XVideo extension is not used yet?

xdpyinfo says I have the XVideo extension and xvinfo says I have YUY2,
YV12, UYVY an dI420 image formats.

Is support for the XVideo extension being worked on or is it already
included (and I did not enable it)?

regards,

Bernhard Ege