set_thread_buffer error

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Sep 19 13:43:19 CDT 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Ove Kaaven wrote:

> Wine depends on this behaviour for shared memory sections (like those used
> to communicate with the wineserver). (The same issue used to cause
> problems with reiserfs too, but reiserfs fixed it.) Unless Alan changes
> his mind, you'll probably need to mount some other filesystem at /tmp...

Why didn't you tell me I'd guessed wrong on where the file was? :-/

Peter, I think if you try my trick with an ext2 fs in a loop device,
only this time mount it on /tmp instead of on an arbitrary mount point
for WINEPREFIX to point to, it just might work.  You might annoy some
apps that are using /tmp at the time... To avoid that you can set up
the fs in a loop device, use losetup -d to detach it, change /etc/fstab
to mount it on /tmp with the option loop, and reboot.  Of course you
should always have a rescue capability handy any time you do something
like that, but I admit I never bother.  If I screw up my main system I
can always boot up my mighty 386 laptop and make a rescue floppy with
it.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!