Flash 5 on Mandrake 8.0

Steve Lange surfimp at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 20:38:10 CDT 2001

Hey now-

I'm trying to get Flash 5 installed using the default version of Wine
that came with my Mandrake 8.0 installation. I am using Wine configured
to use a "fake windows" partition, run in Windows 98 mode, and run
within an X window. I can get the installer program for Flash 5 to start
  and being unpacking, but right after the unpacking of the .cab files I
get an error message to the effect that "Setup failed to launch
installation engine".

I am a complete newbie to Wine, so I'm a little confused as to how to
proceed. Any advice would be much appreciated. I tried installing the
demo version of Dreamweaver 3 that came on my Flash 5 CD (just to see
what would happen) and it got 95% of the way through the installation,
hanging on the "Adding Start Up Menu Icons" (or something to that effect).

Do I need to have a real Windows partition with Flash 5 installed to use
Wine? Or can I install Flash 5 from Wine itself?

Any help much appreciated,

Steve Lange