Wine and NVIDIA

Oliver Logghe oliver at logghe.org
Thu Sep 20 20:47:22 CDT 2001

On Thu, 2001-09-20 at 18:20, 666jochen666 wrote:
> Hello, I'm new to this list and I tried to avoid this mail for more than a
> week. I've been reading through all of the docs about my problem and I think
> that I discovered it but I need a tip to solve it.
> Here my problem:
>
> Output of the configure skript
>
> *snipp*
> checking for GL/gl.h... (cached) yes
> checking for GL/glx.h... (cached) yes
> checking for GL/glext.h... (cached) yes
> checking for up-to-date OpenGL version... (cached) yes
> checking for thread-safe OpenGL version... (cached) no
> checking for glXCreateContext in -lGL... (cached) no
> checking for gluLookAt in -lGLU... (cached) no
> *snipp*
>
> What is wrong? libGL.so and libGLU are in position. libGL.so points to the
> NVidia-libs. The headerfiles are the correct ones. ldconfig -p says that it
> got the libraries.

Perhaps you have already checked, but are you sure there are not any
extra libGL.so files around? The ones in /usr/lib may be the correct
Nvidia versions, but try doing a "locate libGL" and see if some show up
somewhere else as well...

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, I am pretty sure I was getting
the exact same configure output. I had though I had already looked for
leftover Mesa libs, but after much head scratching I finally found an
extraneous (Mesa) library under /usr/X11R6/lib, to which the test
scripts were linking instead of the Nvidia version under /usr/lib.
Deleting the /usr/X11R6/lib version cleaned the problem right up. This
was with Debian/testing, YMMV.