Visual Sourcesafe HOWTO

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 21:25:45 CDT 2001

Dan Kegel wrote:

> I went to the trouble of setting up Visual Sourcesafe
> on a Linux system recently.  There was a fair amount of
> futzing required, so I've documented what I had to do at
>    http://www.kegel.com/linux/vss-howto.html
> Comments and corrections welcome.  I'd also love to know how
> to get this working without hardcoding NT usernames and passwords!
>
> The commandline app appears to be fully functional (or at least
> as functional as it was under Windows :-), and the GUI is
> about 98% functional (the 'set working directory' dialog is very flaky,
> but works just well enough to not be a showstopper for me).
>
> It is rather slow, and I haven't used it long enough to know whether
> it's truly usable.

Excellent HOWTO! Some time ago I desperately needed exactly this
information to move my development platform to Linux.

Dan, it would be great if you could add this information to the Wine
Applications Database. People will find it there. See:
http://appdb.codeweavers.com/appview.php?appId=187

Thank you,
Andriy Palamarchuk