Can't load native dll

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 11:46:20 CDT 2002

--- lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Andriy Palamarchuk wrote:
>
> > Lawson,
> >   sorry to bug you.
> >
> > Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm learning :-)
> >
> I didn't say that.  I sound like a sarcastic bastard
> sometimes when I
> don't mean to.

Don't worry, this is not you. I'm Ok with "sarcastic
bastard" tone when you don't mean to ;-)

I'm angry that I can't get something so simple to
work.

> > I need this to create unit test for regsvr32, but
> I could not load a
> > libary from the current directory.
> >
> > In one of the messages before you mentioned that
> one
> > can load library from WINEDLLPATH:
> >
> > > [whit at giftie cmdw]$ export
> > > WINEDLLPATH="/home/whit/tools/cmdw"
> > > [whit at giftie cmdw]$ printenv | grep -i wine
> > > WINEDLLPATH=/home/whit/tools/cmdw
> >
> > Can I load a library from directory, which is not
> in
> > WINEDLLPATH?
>
> Yes, if it is on LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Wine seems not to
> look in the current
> directory for builtin dll's as it does for native
> ones.

This means "No", right? I have to change environment
variables to make it look in the current directory.
Is it supposed to work in this way or it is a bug?

I think I have to test it locally only and don't
submit the tests.

> The value from GLE is meaningless here, I think,
> since a handle is
> returned.

"GLE" is the "last error" variable?

Again, thank you for help,