wine on suse7.3

David Hewlett dhewlett at onetel.net.uk
Mon Aug 5 19:59:40 CDT 2002

I noticed a distribution for 7.2 & 8.0 but not 7.3.

Download and installation of the 7.2 version appears to go fine - until i
give the command wine -v

I do understand there is not a config file with the distribution.
However when i start wine -v
and take the option to setup   config it fails twith a message
   can't find package Itcl  and also says the config file does not exist.
(true). And another meesaage is :  invoking 'wish Main.itcl' in
/usr/lib/wine/winesetuptk has failed.

Somewhere i found a config file and placed it in /.wine/
Then the system tells me the config file is not a correct registry file
and  'for some mysterious reason, the wine server failed to run'  !

I guess that the config file is not valid and since  winesetup meets exactly
the same grisly end i see no way out save a valid config file.

Can you provide me with a valid config file  please or tell me why winsetup
fails with can't find package Itcl

Regards,

David.

config file is:

[Drive A]
; your floppy drive
Path=/floppy
Type=floppy
Label=Floppy
Serial=87654321
Device=/dev/fd0
; Don´t give raw device access to any drive if
; you do not really need it. Giving device raw
; device access with the "Device"-entry means
; that a user can format a drive with
; any windows tool.

[Drive C]
; your Windows/Dos partition
; please adjust to the path where it is mounted!
Path=/windows/C
Type=hd
Label=MS-DOS
Filesystem=win95
; if vfat partition: Filesystem=win95
; NO device-Entry here!

[Drive D]
; your cd-rom drive
; please adjust to the path where it is mounted!
Path=/cdrom
Type=cdrom
Label=CD-Rom
Filesystem=win95
; if you want to write CDs, you need
; raw device access here

[Drive E]
; normally this should not be changed
; you need write access here, as it will
; be assigned as temp dir
Path=/tmp
Type=hd
Label=Tmp Drive
Filesystem=win95
; WARNING: do not add a device entry!!!!

[Drive F]
Path=${HOME}
Type=network
Label=Home
Filesystem=win95
; Maybe, you store applications here
; you may add another drive, if you want to install
; applications on your Linux partition
; Filesystem should be "msdos" or "win95"
; if you install or run Windows 95 programs
; win95 is recommended
; WARNING: do not add a device entry!!!!

[wine]
Windows=c:\windows
System=c:\windows\system
Temp=e:\
Path=c:\windows;c:\windows\system;e:\;f:\
GraphicsDriver=x11drv
; GraphicsDriver is new and not for old
; versions of Wine. See section x11drv for it
printer=on
; If you use a windows printer driver this
; should be set to on
;SymbolTableFile=/usr/local/lib/wine.sym
; SymbolTableFile wir normalerweise nicht benötigt
;Profile=c:\windows\Profiles\Administrator
; only for use with Windows NT
; If you have a windows95-System, it would be better,
; to take a clean directory as windows dir, seems there are
; some problems with the windows registry
; please note: Give all paths in dos/windows notation!
; do not change to or add something like
; "/home/windows"
; Wine would not accept that!!!
; locate your "wine.sym" file to ensure the path to
; it (this is to be given in Unix-notation) is
; correct
; wine.sym normally is located in /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib

; The next three sections are only for version of Wine
; after 990323. You do not need to add them if you
; are using an older version!
; Wine has reasonable defaults built in,
; so you are not forced to add them
; for newer versions either.

[DllDefaults]
EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${HOME}/wine/cvs/lib
; This is only needed if you have additional compiled
; dlls; if not, the leave it as is.
DefaultLoadOrder = native, elfdll, so, builtin
; Not used in older Wine versions!
; The default load order for dlls used by Wine, you may
; overwrite it by command line options. Please see "man wine"
; for options

[DllPairs]
; Not used in older Wine versions!
krnl386 = kernel32
gdi     = gdi32
user    = user32
commdlg = comdlg32
commctrl= comctl32
ver     = version
shell   = shell32
lzexpand= lz32
mmsystem= winmm
msvideo = msvfw32
winsock = wsock32
; The dll pairs are needed together with the load order.
; these dlls always have to be loaded together as builtin,
; native or whatever
; You may not load one dll of a pair as builtin and the other
; native.

[DllOverrides]
; Not used in older Wine versions!
kernel32, gdi32, user32 = builtin
krnl386, gdi, user       = builtin
toolhelp                = builtin
comdlg32, commdlg       = elfdll, builtin, native
version, ver            = elfdll, builtin, native
shell32, shell          = builtin, native
lz32, lzexpand          = builtin, native
commctrl, comctl32      = builtin, native
wsock32, winsock        = builtin
advapi32, crtdll, ntdll = builtin, native
mpr, winspool           = builtin, native
ddraw, dinput, dsound   = builtin, native
winmm, mmsystem         = builtin
msvideo, msvfw32        = builtin, native
w32skrnl                = builtin
wnaspi32, wow32         = builtin
system, display, wprocs = builtin
wineps                  = builtin
; this is the default load order for the dlls
; you may make changes here, but NEVER change the
; first two lines!!!
; WARNING: The big ones, krnl386, kernel32, gdi, gdi32,
; user and user32 cannot be native, but MUST be of
; type "builtin"

[x11drv]
; Number of colors to allocate from the system palette
AllocSystemColors = 100
; Use a private color map
PrivateColorMap = N
; Favor correctness over speed in some graphics operations
PerfectGraphics = N
; Color depth to use on multi-depth screens
;;ScreenDepth = 16
; Name of X11 display to use
;;Display = :0.0
; Allow the window manager to manage created windows
Managed = N
; Use XFree86 DGA extension if present
UseDGA = Y
; Use XShm extension if present
UseXShm = Y
; Enable DirectX mouse grab
DXGrab = N
; Create the desktop window with a double-buffered visual
; (useful to play OpenGL games)
DesktopDoubleBuffered = N
; Code page used for captions in managed mode
; 0 means default ANSI code page (CP_ACP == 0)
TextCP=0
; Use this if you have more than one port for video on your setup
; (Wine uses for now the first 'input image' it founds).
;; XVideoPort = 43

;;Please, do not edit the next line
;;Configuration for wine version: 20020710