Installing IE

Ambassador Incursio necores at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 01:43:48 CDT 2002

I usually avoid questioning someone's reasons for
doing something when they ask for help, but I am
sorry, I gotta ask it here:  Why?

I don't mean this in a negative way; I really am
curious why one would go through the trouble of using
a non-MS operating system and install the IE browswer.
 I can understand wanting to use Outlook (because one
may have an exchange server), Access, Word (not all
files convert fully), PowerPoint and the rest.  But
HTML pages are suppose to follow a standard that
allows for reading across browsers.  If one insists on
using IE why not use the operating system it is
theoretically integrated with?

I dunno, are there features in the latest IE browser
that are not available in other browsers?  But if so
why insist on Unix?

I am not trying to start a flame war or be rude, I
really am curious.

Paul

--- oliver stieber <oliverthered at oliverthered.com>