Installing IE

Beartooth karhunhammas at Lserv.com
Thu Aug 8 08:01:32 CDT 2002

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Daniel Huhardeaux wrote:

> Ambassador Incursio wrote:
>
> >I usually avoid questioning someone's reasons for
> >doing something when they ask for help, but I am
> >sorry, I gotta ask it here:  Why?
> >

> I'm working with my banks through internet. They only accept IE5
> (perhaps 6) or Netscape 4! A lot of Java in their pages, and even Java
> has to be this from M$, their application(s) don't run with Sun's one.
> So we still have a lot of work to change this behaviour but have to
> found solutions for today :-) That's why ...

	If working through the banks can all be done on a browser,
try Opera ; it's easy to set it to identify itself as IE5 -- in
fact, I mostly leave it set that way. (It only takes a click to
switch between IE5, NS, Mozilla, and -- of course -- identify as
itself.) <grin>

--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>, double retiree,
linux hatchling w/ RH 7.2; ssh'd (DSL) to pine 4.43 on ISP's SunOS 5.8;