Error when running wineinstall: "don't know how to make .spec.o."

Jason W potuncle at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 16:26:27 CDT 2002

I am trying to compile and install Wine on FreeBSD 4.6-stable using
wineinstall.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Wineinstall gives me the following error:

make: don't know how to make .spec.o. Stop
*** Error code 2
Stop in /usr/home/jason/wine-20020804/dlls.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/home/jason/wine-20020804.
Compilation failed, aborting install.

I receive the same error with the 20020509 build of Wine. I have made no
modifications to any of the wine source or config files other than changing
the first line of wininstall from #!/bin/bash to #!/usr/local/bin/bash.

Thanks!