Wine license issues

Mark Hannessen msh104.mymail at 12move.nl
Tue Aug 13 15:37:45 CDT 2002

> So this still true to the LGPLed wine.

> This makes me wonder if things wouldn't be really easy
> for every one if winex take advantage of this.

I would like nothing more than see wineX using the LGPL wine core.
The more of their software is LGPL licensed, the more gets commited
back to wine.

> It wouldn't be necessary to keep ReWind as the "official" wine
> already let their dlls and dll enhancements to have a different
> license (as they state).

If their is ever going to be anyone willing to use wine in a way other
developers do not want, he has the right to use the rewind
cvs to start with.

so the rewind cvs will have to exist for all eternity.

by the way...
what do you mean with rewind being the "official" wine.
ain't the LGPL licensed wine the official one now ?