Re: ReWind vs WINE vs WINEX

Beartooth karhunhammas at Lserv.com
Wed Aug 14 12:33:24 CDT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, puoti at inwind.it wrote:

> Wine is more developed than rewind, a lot of apps that dont' run
> under rewind (And winex, winex is just rewind with 3d graphics
> for games) run fine under wine, but if you need ms office, the
> best thing you can get is crossover office, from
> www.codeweavers.com, it's not free, costs about 54$, but has the
> best support for ms office, the best free software is wine,
> excluding 3d games.

	Which (or Cygwin -- or even OSX) is best for GPS-compatible
map CDs, especially (if it matters) topo maps? I use Garmin,
DeLorme, MapTech, and MapQuest (mostly) -- and I've got it down at
last to where they're pretty much the last thing still keeping me
from getting to a 100% M$-free household. (I'll be getting an OSX
laptop, probably with Yellow Dog Linux, about next week.)

	I can't wait to take the old W98 hard drive to the firing
range ....
--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>, double retiree,
linux hatchling w/ RH 7.2; ssh'd (DSL) to pine 4.43 on ISP's SunOS 5.8;