Warcraft 3 Install

Rindolf rindolf at directvinternet.com
Tue Aug 13 12:27:46 CDT 2002

Hi. I'm trying to install warcraft 3, but it isn't working. I'm running linux
2.4.19, XFree86 4.2.0, and wine from cvs as of evening 08/12/02. Wine seemed
to compile and install without any problems, I used the wineinstall script,
and everything seemed to go ok. Winecheck gives me a 99.00% score, 2
suspicious, but they're trivial. I put the cd in, mount it, and run wine
D:\\install.exe. Nothing happens. It just sits there, no output, no windows
are created, nothing. When I press ^C, it just says Terminated, and exits.
I've look around, and people have lots of problems, but I can't find this
particular one anywhere. I've also tried with the cvs of winex, but it didn't
seem to actually have anything special in it, so I went to regular wine. What
am I doing wrong? Shouldn't it at least be giving me an error message? Help!
-Rindolf