Use ms control panel in wine (Even witout windows)!!

puoti at inwind.it puoti at inwind.it
Fri Aug 16 07:36:43 CDT 2002

If you only have a fake windows installation (Like me), this probably
will only be a thing to do for fun, but could be useful if you have a
real win installation.
To do this in a real win installation, you don't need anything you don't
already have, to do this in a fake win installation, you need:
rundll32.exe; rundll.exe (Copy in c:windows directory)
All the cpl files (Copy in c:/windows/system)
shell32.dll;shell.dll (Copy in c:/windows/system)
rundll.lgc; rundll32.lgc (Copy in c:/windows/AppLog)

The application in the control panel are cpl files, to run them you must
enter your (Real or fake) windows dir, and type

wine rundll.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL cplname.cpl
(Thanks to 98lite.net for this syntax)

With a bit ok luck, the application will start.
I have Mandrake Linux 8.2 with wine wine-20020709 and got password.cpl,
desk.cpl (Desktop proprieties like screen saver, background), main.cpl
(Mouse configuration), and mmsys.cpl to run (Multimedia); hope this
helps (Even if you can't really change anything in a fake win
installation), good luck.