How do I go about this

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon Aug 19 10:41:44 CDT 2002

Ambassador Incursio wrote:
> hello all.
>
> I have a dual boot laptop running XP and RH3.  I tried
> to install wine but because my XP is on NTFS I could
> not link to that partition.
>
> So, I have burned all my personal files to CD and am
> wondering what to do next:
>
> 1) I suppose I could install another windows operating
> system like 98.  Drawback is that when I do use
> Windows, XP tends to handle the plug and play features
> better (like for my camera).  I uderstand that wine
> handles Win98 system better than XP.  Recommendations?

Wine is intended to be used without Windows. The main reason for having
Windows is for things that are not yet fully implemented in Wine (often
this means installers).

So I would think the best thing to do would be to not use Windows, and
try Wine with the applications you are interested in. If that works, no
reason to mess with Windows at all.