Can not install Excel97/Word97

Fredrik Persson frepe at bredband.net
Mon Aug 19 16:31:44 CDT 2002

> here's you problem 'MSSETUP.dll'
>
> try this
> cd /cdrom
> wine setup.exe
> to run the main office setup with /cdrom as the working directory and
> then pick excel from the setup menu. This should hopefully work
> correctly.

Sorry, it did not. First, there is no "setup.exe" on my Office 97 "Small
Business Edition" (Swedish) CD. There is, however, an "autorun.exe"-file that
brings up a menu. (Choose to install Word, Excel, etc...)

> failing that search for MSSETUP.dll on the cdrom and copy it to
> /var/wine/windows/system or where ever you setup wine to be.

As I said in my first post, I did almost that. If it exists on the CD, it's
inside a .cab-file. I did, however, find MSSETUP.dll on dll-files.com and
downloaded it. The result can be read about in my first post. They were, to
summarize it, not succesful.

/Fredrik Persson