I can't get Broadcast packets?

Mike Mestnik cheako911 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 14:53:53 CDT 2002

Hello, where is the FAQ on networking(Broadcast probes for hpjetadmin
and other lowlevel hocus pockus) in wine, Half-Life and hpjetadmin don't
seem to send probe/broadcast packets.

I have tryed as a user and as root /w no change in my findings.  Other
PCs on the net don't show traffic in there tcpdump logs.

It seams that jetadmin.exe dose not allow you to key in an IP(Currently
assined via rarp) it relys soly on probing to locate printers, I have an
  HP JetDirect EX Plus.  I wanted to turn on or fix the lpd server.  The
working telnet and SNMP servers don't sppere to be of any use.