Using Windows XP dll's as overrides

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 29 09:15:00 CDT 2002

--- Marco Baciarello <aside at mail.com> wrote:
[skipped]
> So my question is: does
> anyone know if my
> Wine version (20020804) only supports 9x ovverride?

No, Wine can try to load dll from any version of
Windows, even not from Windows. E.g. you can implement
your own version of some dll and use it for override
;-)
The problem is - dlls from later version of Windows
probably use new calls of other Windows dlls which are
not implemented yet in Wine.
Somebody has to track all these calls and implement
or, at least, stub them.

> I'm asking here
> because I couldn't find that kind of info on the
> site... And in case it
> supports Win 2K/XP, what did I do wrong?

It seems you do everything correctly, it just does not
work :-(

BTW, did you try to change Windows version in your
.wine/config file to correspond to version of dlls?

Andriy

Boston, MA, USA