Need help installing some software

Anthony Joseph Seward anthony.seward at ieee.org
Wed Dec 11 10:37:20 CST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 19:57, Duane Clark wrote:
> Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> > Reading you trace, I would say : "Why not use native cabinet.dll for
> > the moment ?" ;)
> >

> And that does indeed allow the installation to proceed, using Win98 DLLs
> at least.

I've made a log file from when I try and install the Win2K DLLs (using a
native cabinet.dll).  I've split it up into manageable pieces.  I think
the problem occurs during the second of the four logs.  The call to
user32.MessageBeep is in there.  I really don't know what to look for so
this is about as far as I can get without some hints.

You can find the log and a short description file at
http://www.mza.com/~seward/wine-logs/

Tony
--
Anthony Joseph Seward <anthony.seward at ieee.org>