Problem while compiling Winein Debian

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Tue Dec 31 16:19:20 CST 2002

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Ronald Castillo Rivas wrote:

> Hello.
>
> While I was trying to compile the Wine sources from Debian unstable so I
> could use them in my Debian Sarge system, I got the following messages:
>
> # generate HTML documentation
> /usr/bin/make -C documentation wine-doc/index.html
> make[1]: Entering directory `/wine_src/wine-0.0.20021219/documentation'
> false -d ./default.dsl -o wine-doc wine-doc.sgml
> make[1]: *** [wine-doc/index.html] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/wine_src/wine-0.0.20021219/documentation'
> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
> ronaldace:/wine_src/wine-0.0.20021219#
>
> I checked and there actually isn't any wine-doc folder under 'documentation'.
>  Could anyone please give me a hand on how to make this work, or maybe tell
> me some other way of running the latest official version of WIne under Sarge?

You haven't installed all the build dependencies for building the Debian
package. To generate the documentation, you need docbook-utils.

If you're interested, the full list for making sure everything is built is
as follows (| means "or", where generally the first package in an "or"
relation is the most current package that provides the necessary tools or
libs):

Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 3.0), docbook-utils | cygnus-stylesheets,
 c2man, flex, bison, xlibs-dev | xlib6g-dev, libxpm4-dev | xpm4g-dev,
 xlibmesa-dev | libgl-dev, libncurses5-dev, libcupsys2-dev | cupsys-dev,
 libjpeg-dev, libfreetype6-dev | xlib6g-dev (<< 4.0), libasound2-dev,
 libarts-dev | libarts1-dev, nas-dev, libsane-dev, libusb-dev