Wine always tries to connect to ":0.0"

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Feb 6 20:22:20 CST 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Dan Sawyer wrote:

> John,
>
> I have had trouble running 'users' because of this. I use "xhost +"
> which removes the Xlib restrictions. It unfortunatly allows any user
> access to the display.  If this works you can figure out how to
> configure Xlib and let me know.
>
> Dan

Sounds as if you are running Wine on one machine and the display is
another?  There is a nice long howto on that, named
Remote-X-Applications IIRC, but the short answer is to use ssh or
openssh to log in to the machine that is to run Wine from the display.
By default, ssh is configured to forward X connections and take care of
X authorization, although you can disable all that if you like.

Lawson