no built in EXE module loaded did you specify an .spec

Erwin van de Glind djcoke at computerworldcenter.com
Fri Feb 8 01:50:26 CST 2002

On Friday 08 February 2002 03:17, you wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Erwin van de Glind wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have this problem when i start any program with wine i checked and
> > doublechecked my config it still not helps
> >
> > BTW i'm not using any of original windows (i think native you call it)
> > files or dlls or registry
> >
> > I hope i said enough
> > root:/home/djcoke# wine d:\\setup.exe
> > the error is =No built-in EXE module loaded!  Did you create a .spec
> > file?
>
> No it's not.  Or at least I am not clever enough to misconfigure Wine to
> produce an error that looks anything like that.  Why don't you try
> catching the error in a file, say, like this:
>
> wine d:\\setup.exe 2>&1 |tee ~/logfile
>
> and include ~/logfile in your next letter.  Or use the "script" command
> to capture a whole session in a file (exit from the script before you
> try to work on the file) and show us that.  Why is root trying to run
> Wine, anyway?  Does it have a good /root/.wine/config file?  Does it
> think Wine is a system configuration tool?  Ideally, root should be a
> lazy sod who doesn't do anything it doesn't have to.  That way it
> doesn't make as many disaserous mistakes.
>
> > Thanx for any anwsers
> > DjCoke
>
> Lawson

Well i execute wine in root because i didn't get manage to work with my own
account and yes there is a correct config file.

it look like this:
[Drive C]
"Path" = "/c"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "MS-DOS"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive D]
"Path" = "/mnt/cdrom"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Label" = "CD-Rom"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
; make sure that device is correct and has proper permissions !
"Device" = "/dev/cdrom"

[Drive E]
"Path" = "/tmp"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "Tmp Drive"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive F]
"Path" = "${HOME}"
"Type" = "network"
"Label" = "Home"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[wine]
"Windows" = "c:\\windows"
"System" = "c:\\windows\\system"
"Temp" = "e:\\"
"Path" = "c:\\windows;c:\\windows\\system;e:\\;e:\\test;f:\\"
"Profile" = "c:\\windows\\Profiles\\Administrator"
"GraphicsDriver" = "x11drv"
; Wine doesn't pass directory symlinks to Windows programs by default.
; Enabling this may crash some programs that do recursive lookups of a whole
; subdir tree in case of a symlink pointing back to itself.
;"ShowDirSymlinks" = "1"
"ShellLinker" = "wineshelllink"

the rest is all by default

I will cp the config file to my own user and then set some permissions and
try again and send you a logfile

Thanx
DjCoke