Office 2K question

Daniel.Kurucz at varetis.de Daniel.Kurucz at varetis.de
Thu Feb 21 03:51:02 CST 2002

Hi all,

Have successfully installed Office2k.
All programs start correctly, even if there is a message, that the Office
Assistant didn't install correctly, but they run.
Of course, i have some problems :-)) :
1. In Word, the text, i was typing, does not appear. In Excel and PowerPnt
it does...
2. Neither Word, nor other Office applications can open or save any files,
because they mean, the place to read from, or to write to, is
write-protected. On file-system level the directories aren't protected
(i've tried chmod 777).
3. Access won't start, because IE5 wasn't installed correctly. I don't care
about this, because i am not using Access. :-)

My wine version and OS is :  wine-cvs-stripped-02202002 ; SuSE Linux 7.3
/2.4.10/. I've tried some older wine-versions, but they also produced the
same errors...

Any suggestions ?

Thanx in advance :
Daniel