CAD on wine - some almost useable, others not at all...

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:50:04 CST 2002

Lars O. Grobe wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have tried some CAD packages on wine. In fact, I am a student of
> architecture who wants to get a working CAD app on his Linux Laptop.
>
> So, the current things I tried are:
>
> Vectorworks: Starts, I can draw, but after a while, it crashes. So, nit
> really useable.

Plain old crashes are often not that difficult fix, as long as it drops
into the debugger and "bt" gives a valid backtrace. Have you tried that
and posted the backtrace? Since you say that the app mostly works, it
might be worth the effort.

--
My real email is akamail.com at dclark (or something like that).