wine-users digest, Vol 1 #1005 - 6 msgs

Nicholas Tomlin neast at tac.com.au
Sat Feb 23 16:19:01 CST 2002

Hello all,

Flame me if you must but I have a problem, I'm either too thick to work
it out or the docs miss something vital to my machine.

I have read through the docs and here is my problem..

I have installed wine from Mandrake 7.2 distribution - wine
20000909mdk1, but alas, it won't go.

I have built a config file based on how to docs - refer below:

[Drive C]
"Path" = "/windows"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "Hard Drive"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
# This is a setup for Drive X, a generic CD-ROM drive:
[Drive D]
"Path" = "/dos-d"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Label" = "Total Annihilation"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Device" = "/dev/hdc"
# And here is a setup for Drive X, a generic floppy drive:
[Drive A]
"Type" = "floppy"
"Path" = "/mnt/floppy"
"Label" = "Floppy Drive"
"Serial" = "87654321"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Device" = "/dev/fd0"

"Windows" = "c:\\windows"
"System" = "c:\\windows\\system"
"Temp" = "c:\\temp"
"Path" = "c:\\windows;c:\\windows\\system;c:\\blanco"
"GraphicsDriver" = "x11drv"
"Printer" = "on"
"ShellLinker" = "wineshelllink"
"ShowDirSymlinks" = "1"
"SymbolTableFile" = "wine.sym"

[DllOverrides]
"commdlg"      = "builtin, native"
"comdlg32"     = "builtin, native"
"ver"          = "builtin, native"
"version"      = "builtin, native"
"shell"        = "builtin, native"
"shell32"      = "builtin, native"
"lzexpand"     = "builtin, native"
"lz32"         = "builtin, native"
"comctl32"     = "builtin, native"
"commctrl"     = "builtin, native"
"wsock32"      = "builtin"
"winsock"      = "builtin"
"advapi32"     = "builtin, native"
"crtdll"       = "builtin, native"
"mpr"          = "builtin, native"
"winspool.drv" = "builtin, native"
"ddraw"        = "builtin, native"
"dinput"       = "builtin, native"
"dsound"       = "builtin, native"
"mmsystem"     = "builtin"
"winmm"        = "builtin"
"msvcrt"       = "native, builtin"
"msvideo"      = "builtin, native"
"msvfw32"      = "builtin, native"
"mcicda.drv"   = "builtin, native"
"mciseq.drv"   = "builtin, native"
"mciwave.drv"  = "builtin, native"
"mciavi.drv"   = "native, builtin"
"mcianim.drv"  = "native, builtin"
"msacm.drv"    = "builtin, native"
"msacm"        = "builtin, native"
"msacm32"      = "builtin, native"
"midimap.drv"  = "builtin, native"
"wnaspi32"     = "builtin"
"icmp"         = "builtin"

 [fonts]
"Resolution" = "96"
"Default" = "-adobe-times-"

 [serialports]
"Com1" = "/dev/cua0"
"Com2" = "/dev/cua1"
"Com3" = "/dev/cua2"
"Com4" = "/dev/cua3"

 [parallelports]
"Lpt1" = "/dev/lp0"
"LPT1:" = "|lpr"

 [WinMM]
"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"
"WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"
"MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"

[Tweak.Fonts]
"System.Height" = "<point size>"    # Sets the height of the system
typeface
"System.Bold" = "[false]"      # Whether the system font should be
boldfaced
"System.Italic" = "[false]"    # Whether the system font should be
italicized
"System.Underline" = "[false]" # Whether the system font should be
underlined
"System.StrikeOut" = "[false]" # Whether the system font should be
struck out
"OEMFixed.xxx"                  # Same parameters for the OEM fixed
typeface
"AnsiFixed.xxx"                 # Same parameters for the Ansi fixed
typeface
"AnsiVar.xxx"                   # Same parameters for the Ansi variable
typeface
"SystemFixed.xxx"               # Same parameters for the System fixed
typeface

[Tweak.Layout]
"WineLook" = "Win98"  # Changes Wine's look and feel

The results of trying to run wine is usually that wine was not able to
find drive x, perhaps you have not configured your wine.conf file
properly or ... etc.

Can someone please advise where I am going wrong with this thing??

Thanking you in advance..

Nicholas Tomlin.
Boundless power to create. Anytime. Anywhere. Share Corel's vision.!
Visit http://www.corel.com/draw10.