wine-users digest, Vol 1 #1005 - 6 msgs

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Feb 23 17:41:26 CST 2002

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Nicholas Tomlin wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Flame me if you must but I have a problem, I'm either too thick to work
> it out or the docs miss something vital to my machine.

Please do not consider it a flame if I wax a little sarcastic from time
to time.

> The results of trying to run wine is usually that wine was not able to
> find drive x, perhaps you have not configured your wine.conf file
> properly or ... etc.

Programmers intend for error messages to contain information that can
help in debugging.  Could you please have the courtesy to quote the
error message when you ask us what the Hell we mean by it?

An up to date Wine wouldn't hurt any either.  IIRC the messages have
been changed a few times since 20000909 in the hope to make them clearer
and more informative.

wine --version
Wine version 20020122

> Can someone please advise where I am going wrong with this thing??

A Wine config file doesn't mean anything by itself, only in relation to
the *NIX system it describes for Wine to use.

> Thanking you in advance..

I bet that is all the thanks I will get, too.

> Nicholas Tomlin.

Lawson

Probable user head space error. - Dennis A. Moore