wine xmessage

Asmus U2 asmusu2 at post.tele.dk
Sun Feb 24 09:37:34 CST 2002

Hi, I have tryed to get a windows program working under linux.

I am using codeweavers wine  preview 5

it says in the error message that it needs xmessage og that most
distributions have it

I am using linux mandrake 8.1 og could not find it on my harddisk and
from what I can se in http://rpmfind.net/ it should follow XFree86 or
X11.

I am using xfree86 4.**

do I also need the part for X11?

or how do I find it?

would it be possible to make the program working under wine or should
I rather wait for an update more?

Wine come with this error message

[steen at localhost chessbo]$ wine chessbo.exe

Warning:
   The Wine launcher is unable to find xmessage.

   This launcher script relies heavily on finding this tool,
   and without it, it will behave poorly.

   Most Linux distributions have one or the other of these
   tools.

   We strongly recommend that you use your distribution's
   software methods to locate xmessage.
Invoking /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin chessbo.exe ...
/usr//bin/wine: -timeout: command not found
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for
{0002e005-0000-0000-c000-
000000000046}, hres is 0x80040154
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for
{0002e005-0000-0000-c000-
000000000046}, hres is 0x80040154
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for
{0002e005-0000-0000-c000-
000000000046}, hres is 0x80040154
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for
{0002e005-0000-0000-c000-
000000000046}, hres is 0x80040154
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("debugger/winedbg
134644072 84")
 (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger
Wine failed with return code 5
/usr//bin/wine: -title: command not found
[steen at localhost chessbo]$

Håber der er nogen der kan hjælpe

Asmus

--