GetLayout call...

Kari Jaspe Sake jaspesake.remove.all at hotdotmail.remove.com
Sun Feb 24 14:29:08 CST 2002

Rein Klazes wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 01:07:43 +0200, in comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine
> Kari Jaspe Sake <jaspesake.remove.all at hotdotmail.remove.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, I looked into the source code dc.c under objects - directory. And
> > there it is. I thought that I might do something about this since I can
> > program with c, but as I change the function not to call FIXME and
> > recompile (make clean first - just to be on the safe side)...
> >
> > My changes seem not to work...
>
> They should, make clean should not be nescessary. Did you do a "make
> install" ?

yes. I am just too careful and do make clean too....

But if I undestand it correctly the "fixme:dc:GetLayout (00000,....)
stub message comes from the dc.c GetLayout function.

line where it calls FIXME define ..

> > further as I look in to the code I see
> > declaration of like:
> >
> > static void __wine_stub_GetLayout(void) {
> > __wine_unimplemented("GetLayout"); }
> >
> > My quess is that this is the place ... I'd sure like to experiment and
> > write some code but I am a bit lost here howto make wine react to the
> > function call GetLayout in dc.c file ...
>
> This is the 16 bit version (gdi instead of  gdi32). If a program
> happens to call this function, it will halt in the debugger.

So, this must be it. I was trying to mess around with the 16bit function
call. And since my program is using 32bit call , I saw no results as to
my coding ....

Well, I am trying to locate the 32bit version of GetLayout then.

Thank you for your patience. I'll learn hack wine better all the time ..