Converting pfm to afm files

Ian Pilcher ian.pilcher at home.com
Mon Feb 25 19:09:30 CST 2002

Marcus Roeckrath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a ascii format of the type1 metric file (.afm) but I have a binary
> metric file (.pfm) only.
>
> Is there a way to convert pfm to afm format?

I don't believe that PFM files contain all the information needed to do
this.  However, you should be able to find the AFM file for just about
any PostScript printer font at Adobe's FTP site.  (It may take some
digging to find it.  The FTP site is organized with some weird numbering
scheme, which is described somewhere on their web site.)

Ian Pilcher                                           pilchman at attbi.com