Dummy Printing Round 2!

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:45:04 CST 2002

Mathias L Bjorkman wrote:

> I have the unstripped today's precompiled RPM installed and
> it doesn't seem like psdrv is precompiled since my Windows
> program doesn't pick up my CUPS configured printers.

I do not personally know anything about the precompiled RPMs. I always
compile from CVS. I have noticed that when compiled on a computer
without CUPS, and then installing CUPS, wine did not detect the newly
installed CUPS. I had to do a "make distclean" and remake wine, at which
point everything really did show up automagically.

So I guess if the wine RPM is compiled on a system without CUPS, it
probably won't detect your CUPS installation.

My personal feeling is that for alpha software that is changing as
rapidly as wine, compiling from CVS is the way to go. It may seem a
little intimidating at first, but once configured, updating is a piece
of cake. I just go into my wine directory and type:
# cvs update
# ./configure
# make depend
# make
# make install

And that is it. No muss, no fuss, no even hard to remember:-) Except of
course that when the source code is just setting there, the urge to
tinker is irresistable.

--
My real email is akamail.com at dclark (or something like that).