Wine on RedHat 7.2

Kris McCann krismccann at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 23:58:17 CST 2002

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your prompt help. I ended up downloading the CodeWeavers
distribution of Wine, which installed easily and put a handy shortcut in
gnome for me to configure it. Now I've got it working with the program I
wanted it for, but I unfortunately can't seem to get the parallel port
working, which kind of makes the program useless (it's an eeprom
programmer). In the options, it offers me the choice of writing to the
parallel port at 0x278, 0x378 (default, and what I used on windows) or
0x3BC. I have lpt1 mapped in the config to /dev/lp0, which was the
default (auto detected), and I can only assume it is correct, I have
tried playing with the settings, but the result is always the same. I'm
sure this must be something that's configurable, as it's amazing to me
that WINE can let me do this, and I doubt it would slip up on something
so small as parallel port communications. Again, any help greatly
appreciated.

Kris.