Lotus Notes 4.6.4 doesn't load, RH 7.1

Jeff Clineff angus_thermopily at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 14:10:11 CST 2002

Hello all.

I am new to this list and Linux in general.  I am
working my way out from under the dependancies of MS;
however, I still need to use some windoz products at
the office.  On RH 7.1, I have Wine installed (thank
you Codeweavers and other good Wine folks) and have
gotten most of the windoz apps to work.  The only one
I am having problems with is Lotus Notes.  It starts
to load and then stops.  I have been to
wincentric.com, looked over the HOWTO's I could find,
reviewed the posting on this list, but I still can't
seem to get it.  I have used the -debugmsg +module to
review what loads and it seems to load all the dll's
properly. (NOTE: I am duel booting Win 98/Linux and
using the mounted windows partition)  After a few
moments I get the following:

fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler((nil,0) - no error
checking or testing yet

fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler((0xecbab0,1) - no
error checking or testing yet

then it seems to detach all the dll's.  This seems to
happen on both nlnotes.exe and notes.exe.  Does anyone
have any ideas how I might proceed from here.  Please
remember, although I have 10+ years in the computer
field, I have about 4 days in Linux, although I have
read my "Linux for Windows Addicts" and "Mastering Red
Hat 7.1" books.

Thanks.