Word 97 Unable to save to vfat partition

Angus Thermopily angus_thermopily at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 08:46:55 CST 2002

Specs: RH7.1, Latest Wine

I have been reading through the previous posts
regarding Word 97 unable to save to the vfat mounted
Windows 9x partition.  Others have received the error
that "Word 97 cannot save to the drive, the drive
might be full or write protected."

 I have the same problem and was wondering if any one
has found a fix.  I checked to see if the partition
was mounted as vfat in the fstab and it is. The
permissions are set correctly and it is mounted as
vfat in Wine.  I went thouugh about 150 listing from
Google but am unable to find the answer.  Does anyone
know how to get around this issue?

Thank you.