Open Letter to DOJ re Microsoft Settlement

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Jan 22 16:48:30 CST 2002

The proposed settlement in the Microsoft antitrust trial will probably
be accepted by the judge unless a lot of people complain soon, even
though it lacks any useful enforcement provisions and fails to prohibit
many of Microsoft's anticompetitive practices.

I've drafted an open letter to the Department of Justice to explain why
the proposed settlement should not be accepted; it's at
     http://www.kegel.com/remedy/letter.html
I'd be honored if you would read it, and consider signing it with me, or
submitting your own comment to the DOJ.

Either way, the federal deadline for public comment is Monday the 28th.
For more information, see
     http://www.kegel.com/remedy/
See also Jeremy White's page
     http://www.codeweavers.com/~jwhite/tunney.html