Command line when program is not in the path

Carol Farlow Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Fri Jan 25 01:14:49 CST 2002

Thanks for a smoothly installing and very functional release of wine
(preview 5, codeweavers-wine-20011108-5.i386.rpm), which I am using
with a default config from Redhat 7.1.

I am trying to construct a command line to invoke a program that is
not in the [wine]Path but which is in the (windows partition) drive
defined as C: in the wine config file.

I have tried putting my directory in the path and that works, but
would prefer to place the fully qualified path in the command line
(which will be a menu item in KDE).

This doesn't work:

wine C:\\Program\ Files\\intuit\\qbtimer\\qbtimer.exe

nor this
wine "C:\\Program Files\\intuit\\qbtimer\\qbtimer.exe"

nor this
wine C:\\Program\ Files\\intuit\\qbtimer\\qbtimer.exe --

nor this
wine /mnt/win/Program\ Files/intuit/qbtimer/qbtimer.exe

nor this:

wine /mnt/win/Program\ Files/intuit/qbtimer/qbtimer.exe --

All invoke the qbtimer program and all get the same error from qbtimer:
Can't find timer file "Files/intuit/qbtimer.exe" ...

(This windows app takes a file name as a command line option that
specifies the timer data file.)

It appears that the space in the executable's filename confuses the
parse to discover what parameters should be passed to the application.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Carol Lerche