United Devices Client

Meths meths at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 25 22:58:40 CST 2002

Hiya,

I am having problems trying to run the UD client. The install goes OK
and then the first window pops up (where you enter your username,
password and a name for this installation). It allows you to type in the
info ok but when you click on the "Login" button it seg faults :/

I am using RH7.1 (upgraded with Red Carpet)and have tried:

default RH7.1 wine
codeweavers 4
codeweavers 5
the nov and dec sources
and have just tried cvs tonight.

The error is always the same:

fixme:ole:VarBstrCmp ( L"******" (null) 0 30001 ) partial stub
fixme:ole:VarBstrCmp ( L"******" (null) 0 30001 ) partial stub
/usr/bin/wine: line 421: 20220 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
$WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME "$@"
Wine failed with return code 139
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I also ran the debug option (from the crash screen) and it produced the
same lines but with plenty of:

warn:heap:HEAP_IsRealArena Heap 0x40a50000: block 0x40776880 is not
inside heap
warn:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 40a50000: invalid in-use arena
magic for 40a5086f

Any ideas as to what is up ? I have heard of people getting this working
(seen screenshots) but also heard of people with the same problem.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

Jon