err:dosmem:setup_dos_mem MAP_FIXED failed at address 0 for DOS address space

John A. Yonn IpAddress at wyldryde.net
Mon Jan 28 06:57:36 CST 2002

I just re-installed using ./tools/wineinstall, and noticed some errors
during install:

Searching for an existing Windows installation... found.

Created /root/.wine/config using your existing Windows installation.
You probably want to review the file, though.

Checking for real Windows registry...
Not found, default Wine registry will be installed.

Compiling regapi...
rm -f regapi && ln -s ../../wine regapi

Preparing to install default Wine registry entries...
Installing default Wine registry entries...

Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current working
directory /home/kid/wine/wine-20020122; starting in windows directory.
Warning: /home/kid/wine/wine-20020122/programs/regapi/regapi not
accessible from a configured DOS drive
Warning: /home/kid/wine/wine-20020122/programs/regapi/regapi not
accessible from a configured DOS drive
Warning: /home/kid/wine/wine-20020122/programs/regapi/regapi not
accessible from a configured DOS drive
err:dosmem:setup_dos_mem MAP_FIXED failed at address 0 for DOS address space
Registry install failed.