Still no luck on command line parse

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Jan 30 12:17:16 CST 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Carol Farlow Lerche wrote:

> I suspect this problem may be related to the different quoting rules
> between bash and Windows C library that has been discussed in the
> context of cygwin bash and NT emacs spawning win32 programs.  See:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs/discuss/shell-quoting
>
> It may not be a bug in this version of Wine, but so far I have been
> unable to come up with a recipe that both allows Wine to find the
> executable from a path containing a space and also allows the Windows
> application to correctly interpret its command line options.
>
> Carol Lerche

But you are not needing to quote a quote here.  I compiled the little
test program from that with lcc-win:

#include <stdio.h>
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    int i;
    for (i = 0; i < argc; i++)
        printf("arg %d: /%s/\n", i, argv[i]);
}

and it looks to me as if command line handling is OK, at least with the
current Wine using Wine's builtin msvcrt:

[whit at giftie cmdl]$ wine 'c:\Program Files\Juno\bin\cmdl.exe'  oops "hi there"
arg 0: /c:\Program Files\Juno\bin\cmdl.exe/
arg 1: /oops/
arg 2: /hi there/
[whit at giftie cmdl]$ tty
/dev/vc/3