Still no luck on command line parse

Bill Medland medbi01_1 at accpac.com
Thu Jan 31 09:17:26 CST 2002

"Carol Farlow Lerche" <cafl at msbit.com> wrote in message
news:200201300302.g0U325g05144 at mercury.msbit.com...
> Thanks, bjornr, however your suggestion to try:
>
> wine "C:\Program Files\intuit\qbtimer\qbtimer.exe"
>
> gave the same result as the other command lines I tried.
>
> All invoke the qbtimer program and all get the same error from qbtimer:
>  Can't find timer file "Files/intuit/qbtimer.exe" ...
>
> So wine properly finds the qbtimer.exe file.  The error arises after
> the program is invoked and it tries to examine its own parameters.

OK.  So here's my contribution.

I have a little test program that I threw together for investigating the
DrawTextEx function.  (You can find it in the patches but Alexandre hasn't
accepted it yet).  It takes input from the szCommandLine passed to WinMain.
Under windows I can pass a set of arguments, including a string enclosed in
quotes.  I use those quotes to recognise which part of szCommandLine is "the
string".  (Yes, I know it's lazy and bad argument processing).  However
under Wine the quotes don't get through and if I escape them with \ then the
\ goes through too (which messes up "the string").  I haven't looked yet but
there is something weird in there.  I guess one problem is that the quotes
will be removed by the shell before even reaching Wine.

Bill