wordperfect

Alvin Murphy amurphy at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jul 8 15:21:46 CDT 2002

David Jones wrote:

>Suggest installing into a directory name without
>spaces? When CDing to a directory with spaces in the
>filename, you need to enclose it in quotes. Maybe
>Wine isn't doing that, so it's looking for a directory
>called "WorPerfect". (Question, is the missing "d" in
>WordPerfect below a typo in your mail, or the actual
>directory name it's looking for?)
>
>Your news is encouraging to me, although I have the
>native Linux version of WP8 as my Linux
>wordprocessor ...
>
>David
>gnome at hawaii.rr.com
>
>On 7 Jul 2002, at 22:13, Alvin Murphy wrote:
>

>>I have managed to mostly install wpwin9 into fake
>>windows. I freeze near the end at the "self
>>registering" screen (cdrhlp90.dll),  but the install
>>log seems to find everything there. But wine will not
>>run WP, says cannot find wpwin9.exe.  I can find it in
>>fake_windows using Nautilus; otherwise cannot get
>>there by using cd since it seems to be unable to cd
>>into "WorPerfect Office 2000". Does anyone have an
>>idea how I can finish the install (get around the
>>freeze) and/or run wpwin9.exe?
>>Thanks

Thanks for the help. I finally figured out that I could cd into a
directory (for example "Program Files") by issuing "cd Pr*". I will try
the quotes next time. Anyway, when I finally got it to start, all I got
was a splash screen and freeze with a bunch of error messages about
keyboard and x11drv. But I got a message from another user and I am
trying to send him the error logfile; so maybe we will get somewhere.
Thanks again.