New in Wine

Maria Pinjanainen seidatar at drak.net
Thu Jul 11 02:48:33 CDT 2002

Hello! I try to run I-CAD on Mandrake-8.1 with wine.
I have copied M$-98 from laptop in to /windoze, (a fatty part on my pc.)
I-CAD (an evaluation) was installed in laptop.

This is the message I got from shell:
[maria at louhi IntelliCAD 2001]$  wine -debugmsg warn+dll icad.exe
err:win32:do_relocations Standard load address for a Win32 program
(0x00400000) not available - security-patched kernel ?
err:win32:do_relocations FATAL: Need to relocate C:\Program
Files\CADopia\IntelliCAD 2001\icad.exe, but no relocation records present
(stripped during link). Try to run that file directly !
Wine cannot find certain functions that it needs inside the FreeType
font library.  To enable Wine to use TrueType fonts please upgrade
FreeType to at least version 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
Wine has detected that you probably have a buggy version
of libXrender.so .  Because of this client side font rendering
will be disabled.  Please upgrade this library.
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr
0x208846
[maria at louhi IntelliCAD 2001]$

Wordpad is running like this:
[maria at louhi maria]$ wine -debugmsg warn+dll /windoze/Program\
Files/Accessories/wordpad.exe
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
Wine cannot find certain functions that it needs inside the FreeType
font library.  To enable Wine to use TrueType fonts please upgrade
FreeType to at least version 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
Wine has detected that you probably have a buggy version
of libXrender.so .  Because of this client side font rendering
will be disabled.  Please upgrade this library.
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_OpenDefaultPrinter Could not open printer Brutus?!
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_OpenDefaultPrinter Could not open printer Brutus?!
fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00800002 not yet implemented ...
I can work with it. (but why?)

What You suppose me to do?