..almost there but something to WINE about

Ambassador Incursio necores at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 25 02:54:18 CDT 2002

Yes, thank you I got it working now... and now I can
copy and past the errors from winecheck:

<snip>
>>> Checking drive E settings:
015.  Checking Path option...
     SUSPICIOUS (directory /tmp/kde-root is not
accessible for you).
- ADVICE: If your user account is supposed to be able
to access
it properly, use chmod as root to fix it ("man
chmod"). If that doesn't help, change mount options in
case of VFAT ("umask" option).
</snip>
--DOES THIS MEAN ANYTHING REALLY.  THERE IS A
/tmp/kde-pdionne DIRECTORY AS WELL THAT DOES BELONG TO
ME.  CAN I JUST IGNORE THIS MESSAGE?
<snip>

016.  Checking Type option...
     OK.
017.  Checking Filesystem option...
     OK.
--> PROBLEM.

>>> Checking drive F settings:
018.  Checking Path option...
     OK.
019.  Checking Type option...
     OK.
020.  Checking Filesystem option...
     OK.
--> OK.

--------------------- checking system devices used by
Wine ---------------------
021. Checking sound device /dev/dsp...
     OK.
022. Checking audio mixer device /dev/mixer...
     OK.
023. Checking MIDI sequencer device /dev/sequencer...
     BAD (no kernel driver for /dev/sequencer?).
- ADVICE: module loading problems ? Read
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/modules.txt.

</SNIP>

THIS FILE OUTLINED ABOVE DOES NOT EXIST.  ANYONE ELSE
HAVE IT OR SOMETHING SIMILAR...OR COMMENTS HOW TO LINK
TO AN MIDI SEQUENCER?

<SNIP>

----------------------- checking registry
configuration ------------------------
024. Checking availability of winedefault.reg
entries...    OK.
025. Checking availability of windows registry
entries...   CRITICAL (entry "Default Taskbar" not
found).
- ADVICE: Windows registry does not seem to be added
to Wine, as this typical Windows registry entry does
not exist in Wine's registry. This can affect many
newer programs. A complete original Windows registry
entry set will *not* be available with a no-windows
install, of course, so you'll have to live with that..

</SNIP>

DOES THIS SOMEHOW MEAN I HAVE TO HAVE A REGISTRY OR
JUST A "Default Taskbar"?

<SNIP>

25 tests. 1 suspicious, 1 bad, 1 critical, 0 failed.
Wine configuration correctness score: 80.35%e-users