Fatal Error while Installing Baldur's Gate II

Ian D. Stewart idstewart at compuvative.com
Sun Jul 28 04:42:15 CDT 2002

Howdy Folks,

I'm trying to install Baldur's Gate II on a windowsless Wine
configuration and not having much luck.

When I run Setup.exe from /cdrom, I get the Baldur's Gate II splash
screen, the progress bar indicating that InstallShield is preparing to
install Baldur's Gate II - Shadow of Amn and a message box stating
'Error installing iKernel.exe: (0x1400)'.  When I click on the Ok
button in the message box, the process terminates.

Has anyone else run across this?  Know of any possible work-arounds?
(I'm running Wine CVS from 07-27-2002)

Thanx,
Ian